The commercial equine liability policy from American Equine Insurance Group, Ltd. (Argonaut Insurance Company) provides the necessary liability protection for most horse-related operations. It is intended for amateur and professional alike, with policy limits available up to $1,000,000 per occurrence and an annual aggregate of up to $3,000,000.
This coverage is important if you are engaged in commercial activities such as boarding, instruction, training, breeding or buying and selling horses. Coverage may be extended if you also engage in these activities off site, (for example – a riding instructor or trainer who travels to clients’ facilities, but also works out of their own location).
When a person is injured or property damaged as a result of your equine operation, the policy will settle claims for which you are legally liable. Additionally, it will provide for your defense in lawsuits – whether the lawsuit has merit or is groundless. In most cases the policy will also pay all court costs and judgments. The commercial equine liability policy may be endorsed to include coverage for personally owned horses, personally owned race horses, professional errors & omissions and products / completed operations. Legal liability for non-owned (boarded) horses in your care is excluded from the commercial equine liability policy. This coverage is available in the form of either a care, custody or control enhancement to your Commercial Equine Liability policy.
- Riding Instruction
- Horse Sales
- Equine Professional Liability
- Equine Personal Liability
- Race Horse Owners Personal Liability
- Products / Completed Operations Coverage
- Care, Custody or Control
- Excess Liability Coverage
- $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 – Occurrence / Aggregate
- $1,000,000 / $3,000,000 – Occurrence / Aggregate
- $50,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You and $5,000 Medical Payments are included.
NOTE: Higher limits of coverage are available through an Excess Liability policy.
Get More Information
- Download an application (All Other States, except AK, HI, WA).
- Download an application (FL, GA, ID, KS, ME, OK, OR, TX).
- Contact us to fax or mail an application to you.
Coverage descriptions are for general information only. Please refer to actual policy wordings for a full explanation of coverages.