Only one policy, the Equestrian Ranch & Estate program from American Equine Insurance Group (Argonaut Insurance Company) has been designed from the ground up as a “true” equestrian insurance package. Let’s face it, there are a dozen of companies offering farm policies for horse operations. The trouble is – their application is twenty pages long and they aren’t priced competitively. When you finally finish telling them how many hog fountains and farrowing crates you don’t own, the quote you receive sends you into cardiac arrest.
Getting a quote is easy! Just send us your completed property and liability applications. We’ll need photos of your buildings at some point as well, but we won’t trouble you with those until after we’ve shown you a competitive quote.
The Equestrian Ranch & Estate program has been specifically designed for both private and commercial equestrian properties in which the farm is used for equestrian activities and incidental farming. This package is available to most forms of legal ownership within all states except AK, DC, FL, HI, LA & TX, and may be occupied by the owner, tenant or a co-owner with a 50% or more financial interest in the venture.
Commercial operations may include any of the following:
- Individual Horse Owners
- Race Horse Owners & Trainers **
- Boarding **
- Riding Instruction
- Equestrian Day Camps
- Training **
- Breeding **
- Private Lessons
- Horse Sales
- Horse Shows
- Horse Clubs
** Care, Custody or Control may be added if necessary.
Farm Liability Coverages
The liability section of the American Equine farm policy will be written on either a personal liability or commercial liability form, depending upon your needs. The links below describe the coverages and options offered in conjunction with this farm program.
- Farm Comprehensive Personal Liability
- Commercial Equine & Farm Liability
- Race Horse Owner’s & Trainer’s Farm Liability
- Riding Clubs & Associations Farm Liability
- Comprehensive Personal Liability
- Equine Professional Liability
- Equine Personal Liability
- Race Horse Owners Personal Liability
- Products / Completed Operations
- Care, Custody or Control Liability
- Excess Liability Coverage
- $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 – Occurrence / Aggregate
- $1,000,000 / $3,000,000 – Occurrence / Aggregate
- $50,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You and $5,000 Medical Payments are included.
NOTE: Higher limits of coverage are available through an Excess Liability policy.
Get More Information
- Download a Property application (requires one of the following liability applications).
- Liability application (Private & Commercial Farms – All Other States, except AK, HI, WA).
- Liability application (Private & Commercial Farms – FL, GA, ID, KS, ME, OK, OR, TX).
- Liability application (Race Horse Operations – All Other States, except AK, HI, WA).
- Liability application (Race Horse Operations – FL, GA, ID, KS, ME, OK, OR, TX).
- Contact us to fax or mail an application to you.
Coverage descriptions are for general information only. Please refer to actual policy wordings for a full explanation of coverages.