Equine Medical & Surgical coverage will help you control veterinary expenses due to unforeseen events dealing with the health of your animal. This coverage provides for the cost of medical and surgical procedures, including diagnostics resulting from an accident, illness or disease. Equine Medical & Surgical coverage is available for horses between 31 days and 20 years of age. Prior underwriting approval is required for horses over 15 years old.
Three coverage limits are available for horses with insured mortality limits greater than or equal to the medical limit selected.
- $7,500 Annual Aggregate Limit
- $10,000 Annual Aggregate Limit
- $15,000 Annual Aggregate Limit
The following coverage highlights apply to all three forms.
- Equine Medical & Surgical coverage is subject to a $400 deductible for each illness, injury or incident.
- Services must be performed during the coverage period or within 90 days after the expiration date of the policy.
- Diagnostic procedures are capped at $2,500 per claim, $4,000 annual aggregate. There is no co-payment for diagnostic procedures.
- Combined “Lameness Treatment” limit of $2,500 per claim, $4,000 annual aggregate. Lameness treatment includes regenerative therapeutics (Stem Cell, IRAP and PRP), shockwave, surgery, biphosphonate and medications.