The full mortality policy from Berkley Equine & Cattle covers horses for death or humane destruction due to an accident, illness, disease or injury. Coverage also includes theft. This is all risk coverage with fourteen (14) exclusions. Coverage is written for an annual policy term, and includes a 120 day extension of coverage.
Most horses insured for General Mortality & Theft receive a $5,000 Emergency Colic Surgery limit of insurance. However, horses that have suffered colic, impaction or torsion in the twelve (12) months prior to the policy effective date or have undergone digestive tract resection at any time are not eligible for the $5,000 Emergency Colic Surgery Coverage.
Coverage is underwritten on behalf of StarNet Insurance Company, A.M. Best Rated A+ (Superior) & Financial Size Category XV. Coverage is available in all fifty (50) States and the District of Columbia.
- Veterinary Services Coverage (offered in limits up to $15,000)
- Surgical Coverage (offered in limits up to $10,000)
- Colic Surgery Coverage (offered in limits of $2,500 and $5,000.)
- Colic Treatment Coverage
- Agreed Value / Guaranteed Renewal
- Loss of Use I (External Injury Loss of Use)
- Loss of Use II (Full Loss of Use)
- Stallion Infertility
Get more information
This coverage description is for general information only. Please refer to actual policy wordings for a full explanation of coverages.