Veterinary Services Coverage provides reimbursement for reasonable and customary fees for covered treatments and surgical procedures, including post-operative care expenses, which are required or necessary as a result of an accident, injury, illness or disease that first occurs during the policy period. This coverage is available for horses aged 90 days up to and including 15 years of age. Horses that are used or intended to be used for racing are not eligible.
It provides a limit of up to the amount selected below, subject to a $400 deductible per claim. As long as the accident, injury, illness or disease first occurs and is reported during the policy period, covered treatments may be performed up to 120 days after the policy expiration date. Subject to the policy’s terms, conditions and exclusions, the Veterinary Services endorsement will provide reimbursement for the following:
- Diagnostic testing is covered for up to 70% of reasonable and customary fees, up to $3,000 per policy period.
- Shockwave therapy is covered for up to $400 per treatment and $1,200 per policy period.
- Regenerative therapeutics (including IRAP, PRP and Stem Cell) is covered for to $3,000 per covered animal per policy period.
- Tildren and Osphos injections are covered for up to $1,200 per policy period.
- Joint injections are also covered when due to an external injury.
Veterinary Services coverage is available in limits of $7,500, $10,000, $12,500 and $15,000. The minimum insured mortality limit required to qualify for veterinary services coverage is $10,000. For the $12,500 and $15,000 limits, the insured mortality limit must equal or exceed the Veterinary Services limit to qualify.
This coverage description is for general information only. Please refer to actual policy wordings for a full explanation of coverages.