Veterinary Services Coverage provides reimbursement for reasonable and customary fees for covered treatments and surgical procedures, including post-operative care expenses, which are required or necessary as a result of an accident, injury, illness or disease that first occurs during the policy period. Veterinary services coverage is available for horses aged 90 days up to and including 15 years of age. Horses that are used or intended to be used for racing are not eligible.
It provides a limit of up to the amount selected below, subject to a $450 deductible per claim. As long as the accident, injury, illness or disease first occurs and is reported during the policy period, covered treatments may be performed up to 120 days after the policy expiration date. Subject to the policy’s terms, conditions and exclusions, the Veterinary Services endorsement will provide reimbursement for the following:
- Diagnostic testing is covered for up to 70% of reasonable and customary fees, up to $3,000 per policy period.
- Shockwave therapy is covered for up to $400 per treatment and $1,200 per policy period.
- Regenerative therapeutics (including IRAP, ACS, PRP and Stem Cell) is covered for to $3,000 per covered animal per policy period.
- Tildren and Osphos injections are covered for up to $1,200 per policy period.
- Joint injections are also covered when due to an external injury.
Veterinary Services – No Diagnostic Testing Co-Payment – This is a new endorsement. It’s basically the same as the Veterinary Services coverage, but offers the following additional coverages, subject to a $650 deductible per claim.
- This endorsement removes any restrictions on diagnostic testing and has no diagnostic co-payment or sub-limit
- Adds an exception to the excluded disease exclusion in that the exclusion does not apply if the excluded disease first occurs in the “policy period” and is not a recurrence.
- The sub-limit for shockwave therapy per policy is increased from $1,200 to $2,400 and there is no $400 sub-limit per treatment.
- Regenerative therapeutics (including IRAP, ACS, PRP and Stem Cell) is covered for to $5,000 per covered animal per policy period.
- Tildren and Osphos injections are covered for up to $2,400 per policy period.
This coverage description is for general information only. Please refer to actual policy wordings for a full explanation of coverages.